News & Updates
ESIC Quota Admissions In MBSS, BDSwww.Opasis.com
ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation), a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament under the administrative control of Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, has started Medical Education Institutions in the country at large.
Medical admissions under ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota’
The approved provisional policy and procedure for admission to undergraduate (MBBS/BDS) Courses in ESIC Medical Education Institutions provides for ‘Insured Persons (IPs) Quota’ after allocation to “All India Quota and “State Government Quota”.
In light of this, ‘Wards of Insured persons’ under ESI Scheme who meet the laid down eligibility criteria and have qualified in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG)-2021 [NEET (UG) - 2022] can apply for admission to UG course (MBBS/BDS) in ESIC Medical/Dental Colleges and some Government Medical Colleges under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ for academic session 2022-23 as per admission policy and procedure approved by the Government of India / ESI Corporation.
Number of seats in Insured Person (IP) Quota
A) For MBBS
1. ESIC Medical College Faridabad, Haryana : 43
2. ESIC Medical College Joka, Kolkata, WB : 65
3. ESIC Medical College K.K.Nagar, Chennai, TN : 25
4. ESIC Medical College Rajajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka : 56
5. ESIC Medical College Gulbarga, Karnataka : 56
6. ESIC Medical College Sanathnagar, Hyderabad : 43
7. ESIC Medical College, Alwar, Rajasthan : 20
8. ESIC Medical College, Bihta, Patna : 35
9. Government Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu : 20
10. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Medical College, Ner Chowk ,Mandi, Himachal Pradesh : 36
11. Government Medical College, Kollam, at Paripally : 38
TOTAL : 437
B) For BDS
1. ESIC Dental College Gulbarga, Karnataka : 28
Eligibility : Candidates seeking admission under ‘Insured Persons Quota’ will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
a) Minimum eligibility criteria for admission will be as per MCI/NMC regulations.
b) Applicant must have a valid “Ward of Insured Person” Certificate, issued by concerned Regional Director/SRO I/C.
c) The selection and admission to MBBS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for running MBBS Courses as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 subsumed into The National Medical Commission Act, 2019, is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Universities etc. In event of any difference in criteria of MCI/NMC and Affiliating University etc., the higher criteria will prevail.
d) Applicants are advised to refer to the websites of the Affiliating Universities as listed below.
ESIC Medical / Dental colleges in Karnataka : Rajiv Gandhi University Health Sciences (RGUHS)
ESIC Medical college in West Bengal : West Bengal University Health Sciences(WBUHS)
ESIC / (State) Government Medical College in Tamil Nadu : The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU)
ESIC Medical college in Haryana : Pt. BD Sharma University Health Sciences
ESIC Medical college in Telangana : Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS)
ESIC Medical college in Bihar : Aryabhatta Knowledge University
ESIC Medical college in Rajasthan : Rajasthan University of Health Sciences
Government Medical College in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh : Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
Government Medical College Paripally, Kollam, Kerala : Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)
Execution of Bond for Service : All Candidates seeking admission to any ESIC Medical Education Institution will have to execute a bond for ? 5 lakh, to serve any ESIC / ESI Scheme (ESIS institution run by State Government) for a period of 01 years, as may be specified, from time to time. Further, the candidate would have to submit a Bank Guarantee for ? 05 lakh, 1 month before completion of internship, for a period of 14 months in lieu of the amount. The original documents of the student would be retained by the Corporation pending the submission of Bank Guarantee. Period of rural service, if any, as per policy of the Central or State Government, will be inclusive in the one year period of the bond.
Methodology and Counseling for filling IP quota : Candidates will be allotted seats, based on their ‘merit cum preference of Institution, through a centralized ‘on-line’ counseling to be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for the ‘Insured Persons Quota’ as per schedule provided on their website www.mcc.nic.in. Candidates are requested to check the ESIC (www.esic.nic.in) and DGHS (www.mcc.nic.in) web-site regularly for further details.
How to apply : Candidates are to apply on-line and click in on the ‘link’ to be provided on the ESIC website www.esic.nic.in
After the online form is completed, the applicant is to take a printout, sign it (both IP and candidate) and submit it to the concerned Branch Office of ESIC along with all required documents, for issue of ‘Ward of IP certificate’. It may be ensured that the correct information is filled up as the system will allow generation of only one application against an e-mail ID and mobile number.
1. The Student link for applying on-line for issue ‘Ward of IP Certificate’ would tentatively be activated on 5 July 2022 and deactivated (closed) at 23:59 hrs. on 26 July 2022. Any change in dates would be published on the ESIC website.
2. The last date for submitting physical copy of application to the concerned Branch Office, for issue of ‘Ward of IP Certificate’ is 27 July 2022, by close of office hours. Any change in dates would be published on the ESIC website.
3. Registration at DGHS website for participating in Counseling-Candidates may log on to the DGHS website and register themselves for the MBBS / BDS seats under ‘Seats allocated for wards of insured persons (IPs)’ in ESIC Medical / Dental Colleges as per Instructions given on the website.
For more options, explore Entrance Exams based information across all streams
Follow us on Follow us on