7 Great Places to pursue Aerospace Engineering
Let us start with the basics first.
What does an Aerospace Engineer do?
Simply put, an aerospace engineer performs engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft. She may conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to aircraft design and manufacture. She may also recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
They are also called
Design Engineer, Flight Test Engineer, Systems Engineer
On the job, she
- Formulates mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design, according to customer engineering requirements.
- Plans or conducts experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of aircraft or aerospace systems or equipment.
- Formulates conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements or conform to environmental regulations.
So, what kind of personalities are best suited for becoming an Aerospace Engineer:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
The top 7 premier institutes in India offering B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- IIT Bombay: 57 seats (Gender Neutral) + 5 for Females
- IIT Kharagpur: 28 seats (Gender Neutral) + 5 for Females
- IIT Kanpur: 46 seats (Gender Neutral) + 5 for Females
- IIT Madras: 37 seats (Gender Neutral) + 5 for Females
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur: 33 seats (Gender Neutral) + 3 for Females
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh: 26 seats (Gender Neutral)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram: 60 seats (Gender Neutral)
In addition, these also offer 5-Year Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- IIT Kharagpur: 16 seats (Gender Neutral) + 3 for Females
- IIT Madras: 10 seats (Gender Neutral) + 3 for Females
To make it into any of the above, the candidate will need to qualify the JEE-Adv
By the way, none of the IIITs, NITs or even BITS-Pilani offer Aerospace or Aeronautical programs.
Hope you found this information useful :)
About the Author : Tarun is the Co-Founder at OPASIS
Keywords : Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical