News & Updates
NDA 2019 Entrance Exam Dates Announced by UPSCwww.Opasis.com
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA & Naval Academy Entrance Exam twice every year for admission to
(1) Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA) in Khadakvasla, Pune and
(2) Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC)
2019 admission schedule
(a) Exam I
Detailed notice publication and start of application process : 9 Jan 2019
Last date to apply : 4 Feb 2019
Date of commencement of exam : 21 April 2019
Check details @ NDA-Exam-I
(b) Exam II
Detailed notice publication and start of application process : 7 Aug 2019
Last date to apply : 3 Sep2019
Date of commencement of exam : 17 Nov 2019
Check details @ NDA-Exam-II
Trainings imparted and Degrees awarded
The candidates joining NDA (Army, Air Force and Naval wings) on passing out are awarded B.Sc./B. Sc. (Computer) / B.A. degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
The candidates joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B. Tech Course and are given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
- The selected candidates for the three services, viz., Army, Navy and Air Force are given preliminary training both academic and physical for a period of 3 years at the National Defence Academy which is an Inter-Service Institution. The training during the first two and half years is common to the cadets of three wings.
- The selected candidates of the Naval Academy are given preliminary training both academic and physical, for a period of 04 years at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (Kerala). The cadets are awarded a B. Tech Degree on successful completion of training.
On passing out from the National Defence Academy
a) Army Cadets go to the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun
b) Naval Cadets to Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (Kerala) and
c) Air Force cadets to Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
- At the I.M.A. Army Cadets are known as Gentlemen Cadets and are given strenuous military training for a period of one year aimed at turning officer capable of leading infantry Sub-units. On successful completion of training Gentlemen Cadets are granted Permanent Commission in the rank of Lt subject to being medically fit in "SHAPE" one.
- The Naval cadets are selected for the Executive Branch of the Navy, on passing out from the National Defence Academy and are given further training at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a period of one year on successful completion of which they are promoted to the rank of Sub Lieutenants.
- Air Force Cadets receive flying training for a period of 1.5 years. However, at the end of 1 year of training they are given provisional Commission in the rank of Flying Officer. After successful completion of further training of six months they are absorbed as permanent commissioned officers on probation for a period of one year.
Other key admission opportunities : For information on other Pan-India key admission opportunities in multiple disciplines, check HEREFollow us on Follow us on