News & Updates
Kashmiri Migrants Seats in Professional Courses in Punjabwww.Opasis.com
Directorate of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab, has notified for the Kashmiri Migrants that after considering the guidelines issued by All India Council for Technical Education and Ministry of Human Resources Development, it has reserved one seat in each Engineering / MBA / MCA / Hotel Management & Catering Technology in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, Punjabi University, Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic Colleges of the State for admission of wards of Kashmiri Migrants for the academic session 2020-21.
a) Diploma/Degree courses in Polytechnic/Engineering Colleges.
b) Post graduate Degree course in Computer Application (MCA)
c) Post graduate Degree course in Business Administration (MBA)
d) Admission in 2nd year Degree course in Engineering (Lateral Entry) from amongst Diploma holders.
e) Diploma/Degree course in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
1. The condition of domicile requirement for Kashmiri Migrants is waived off.
2. One seat in each Polytechnic/Engineering College is hereby created on supernumerary basis for the year 2020-21 of admission of wards of Kashmiri Migrants.
3. Admission to various Diploma/Degree level Engineering Courses (First Year & Lateral Entry), MCA shall be made on the basis of inter-se-merit in qualifying examination for the Academic Session 2020-21 and for the MBA course on the basis of CMAT-2020 Examination conducted by the National Testing Agency as per the eligibility criteria issued by AICTE, New Delhi for the session 2020-21. However for the seat of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala, the candidate (i) has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 70% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject OR Minimum 70% (65% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration (ii) Possesses a good moral character (iii) Is a citizen of India (iv) Has passed 10+2 examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020.
4. The fee shall be charged as per rates fixed for session 2020-21 by the State Government/University.
5. Each candidate shall have to give proof of his being a Kashmiri Migrant or a ward of Kashmiri Migrant alongwith the Application Form.
Application procedure & dates : The application on the prescriber Proforma complete in all respect may be submitted so as to reach in the office of Director Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab, Engineering College Cell, Room No. 208, Plot No.1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh by 09.11.2020 upto 5.00 p.m.
In view of the COVID 19 situation, the candidates can submit their signed application through email in the prescribed performa with all relevant documents at email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselling : Counseling of the candidates shall be held on 11.11.2020 at 10.00 A.M. in the Committee Room of Directorate of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab, Plot No. 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh. Only those candidates shall be considered who have applied against these seats in time.Follow us on Follow us on