News & Updates
IISER 2020 Admissions : Eligibility relaxed, Dates extendedwww.Opasis.com
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) have revised the Eligibility criteria and also the admission schedule for 2020 season. To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati. The IISERs offer wonderful opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students seeking fulfilling science-based careers. Students can learn the basic sciences through a detailed program and, in parallel, work on cutting-edge research alongside exceptional faculty members. Each IISER is an autonomous institution which awards the degrees.
- KVPY & SCB channel Applications last date : Extended upto 16 Aug 2020
- IISER Aptitude Test for SCB Channel candidates : New date to be announced later. Was otherwise scheduled to be conducted on 12 Aug 2020.
Dates for application via other channels and related activities are also yet to be finalized.
New criteria of 10+2 marks / Eligibility (one time exception due to Covid-19 situation) : Either 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for General/ OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any boards or the cut-off marks already announced for each of the boards in the admission website, whichever is lower.
(1) 5-Year BS-MS Integrated Dual Degree Program and
(2) 4-Year BS in Economics and Engineering Sciences (only in Bhopal campus)
Intake : Total 1300 (Approx)
Berhampur — 100
Bhopal — 250 (Basic Sciences – 200; Engineering/Economics Sciences – 50)
Kolkata — 200
Mohali — 200
Pune — 200
Thiruvananthapuram — 200
Tirupati — 150
Mode of Selection (For Indian Nationals, PIO or OCI candidates):
Mode 1: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel: Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional board cut off criteria is also applicable. (No need to take IISER Aptitude Test)
Mode 2: Joint Entrance Examination - Advanced (JEE-Advanced) of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel (No need to take IISER Aptitude Test): Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000.
Mode 3: State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel (IISER Aptitude Test): Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the table in Eligibility Section are eligible to apply.
- Max 50% seats: Through KVPY and JEE channels.
- Remaining seats: Through the SCB channel based on the merit in the IISER aptitude test. Unfilled seats from KVPY and JEE channels will be added to the SCB channel for allotment.
- Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the Eligibility Section are eligible to apply via Mode 3 (SCB channel via IISER Aptitude Test)
Like our facebook page GetOpasis facebook.com / GetOpasis
Follow us on Follow us on