News & Updates
College of Fine Arts, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath Starts BVA Applicationswww.Opasis.com
The College of Fine Arts, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath is one of the leading institutions of Fine Arts and Design in the country. It offers Under Graduation, Post- Graduation and Ph.D. studies in various areas. Nestled in the center of the city, this vibrant and creative campus has produced many renowned artists, sculptors, designers, art historians and art critics, over the last fifty years.
About the College: College of Fine Arts is centrally located in the city of Bangalore and is housed within the premises of Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath. Its unique feature is that the CKP complex comprises of several art galleries and museums. This showcases the local, national and international art works in all media of expression which is a ready source of information for the students, faculty, and visiting scholars and other art lovers.
Bachelor of Visual Arts
The college offers the 4 year Bachelor of Visual Arts (B.V.A) in Painting, Applied Art, Sculpture, Printmaking and Art history. Students have to undertake a regular course of first and second language English and Kannada (or Hindi or French or Additional English) as per the University requirement. The language of instruction is English This autonomous institution will function under the guidance of the Governing Body, Academic Council and Board of Studies.
Eligibility & Admission Process:
1. A candidate who has passed ONE of the following examinations shall be eligible to join the BVA- I SEMESTER course:
Guidelines for Karnataka students:
a) Candidates who have passed PUC, 10+2 JOC or Vocational Diploma in commercial art or any visual art course. (An overall total of 12 years of schooling through formal or open school system)
b) A candidate who has passed the two year foundation course in visual arts, leading to degree from any recognized institution/s in India and abroad considered equivalent to 10+2 on condition that our parent University.
c) In case a student who has completed two years of foundation, after PUC or + 2 in other universities seeks admission, shall be considered to the specialization. Admission to specialization shall be considered only on availability of the seats in required department and after fulfilling all conditions and criteria set by the admission committee. .
Guidelines for Non-Karnataka, Foreign Students Including NRI:
- He / She should be eligible for the course for which admissions are sought both academically and administratively and all admissions are provisional and are subject to the final approval by the competent authorities.
- These students have to arrange for producing the Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate from their previous institution and any other documents required by the University for Approval of their admission.
- Foreign students seeking admissions to the various courses in the college should hold a valid passport and visa during the period of studentship and their stay in the college.
- Foreign Students admissions are also subject to final clearance from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India and ICCR. He/She must be eligible both academically and administratively to the course for which the admission is sought.
- The Principal and Admission Committee of the College is the final authority for all admissions and disciplinary behavior in regard to the students of the College.
The Application Form can be downloaded from http://collegeoffineartskcpbengaluru.com/pdffiles/Applicationbva.pdfFollow us on Follow us on