News & Updates
Azim Premji University Early Admission Cycle Ongoingwww.Opasis.com
Bangalore based Azim Premji University, a Private university, has started its Early admission process for 2019. The University offers well structured and contemporary Science, Humanities and Economics programs. Azim Premji University, follows the credit score approach wherein specializations are offered through a combination of Majors and Minors to build disciplinary knowledge and appreciate the subject. The University is part of the Azim Premji Foundation, a not-for profit organisation that has been working since 2000 with the elementary education system in rural government schools. Azim Hashim Premji, the chancellor of the University is an Indian business tycoon, investor, and philanthropist, who is the chairman of Wipro Limited. He is informally known as the Czar of the Indian IT Industry.
The Undergraduate degrees offered at Azim Premji University are:
- B.A. (Economics or Humanities)
- B.Sc. (Biology or Physics or Mathematics)
Each of the above are 3 year programs consisting of 84 credits. The students can take up additional research work and earn 12 more credits and get an Honours degree.
- 4 year B.Sc. B.Ed. (Biology or Physics or Mathematics) . This is a 4 year, full time, dual degree programme consisting of 120 credits in Science and Education that award a B.Sc. B.Ed. degree. The dual degree programme consist of Common Curriculum, Disciplinary courses (Life sciences, Physical Sciences or Mathematics) and Courses in Education.
Salient aspects of the programs on offer:
- The programme is unique in offering both breadth of engagement through the Common Curriculum and disciplinary depth through the Specializations.
- The programme combines conceptual knowledge with practical engagement and understanding that has relevant real world application. We do this through practical lab work, field work, workshops, student research, projects and portfolio.
- It is a fully residential program
- Students from any stream may choose to apply for the programs
The applications for the early admission process have commenced. The last date to apply is 5th December, 2018 and the National Entrance Test for the early cycle is on 16th December, 2018. The admissions offers would be made by the early February, 2019.Follow us on Follow us on